Dan Pearce sells homes
COVID-19 Valuation & Viewing Information
The government has now given the green light for the housing market in England to reopen after months of lockdown.
We are now able to restart our business with immediate effect from Wednesday (13th May), and both buyers and sellers/ vendors are allowed to move home and view properties. Although this is fantastic news for the housing market, the reopening of estate agents will be subject to being able to follow the new Covid-19 Secure guidelines.
Under amendments to the Health Protection (Coronavirus, Restrictions) regulations in England, a reasonable excuse for being away from home will be expanded to include visiting estate or letting agents, viewing residential properties, preparing a residential property to move in or sell, or moving home.
Buyers, sellers and estate agents will be required to take extra precautions, including maintaining a two metre distance from others during viewings.
How will Dan Pearce Sells Homes be ensuring our customers and staff are kept safe throughout the sales process?
To ensure the safety of both our customers and staff, it is extremely important that the following guidelines are adhered to by both parties:
- Dan Pearce Sells Homes should be informed whether any party is showing symptoms or has been asked to self-isolate before going ahead with any viewing, or visits to offices.
- We will operate using an appointment system for visits to our offices and when conducting viewings.
- We will not carry out any open house viewings.
- We will strongly encourage clients to view properties virtually in the first instance and then only physically inspect properties which they have a strong interest in.
- DPSH agents can, if necessary, accompany physical viewings and will maintain a minimum of 2 metres distance from others wherever possible. Where social distancing is not possible and the visit is within an enclosed space, they will consider wearing a face covering in line with government guidance.
- DPSH insist that all parties viewing a property should wash their hands with soap and water immediately after entering the properties and also bring their own hand sanitiser with them. Separate towels or paper towels should be used if possible and washed or disposed of safely after use.
- All internal doors should be open and surfaces, such as door handles, are to be cleaned before andafter each viewing with standard household cleaning products.
- The number of people on a viewing should be minimised to those from your household that absolutely have to be there. If you need to be accompanied by small children, you should try to keep them from touching surfaces and ensure they wash their hands regularly.
- As most people choose to, we recommend that you vacate your property whilst viewings are taking place in order to minimise your contact with those not in your household.
- DPSH will do what they can to promote flexibility when arranging move dates, for example advising clients to ensure contracts have explicit terms to manage the timing risks presented by coronavirus.
- We will work with their clients and other agents to broker a new date to move where sales are due to complete and one of the parties falls ill with coronavirus or has to self-isolate.
- We will ensure that any keys are appropriately cleaned between viewings and before handover.